Friday, November 14, 2008

The Holiday Is Upon Us!

Red Hat Sisters,

I am so excited for the Holidays this year! My children are coming into town, my house will be decorated to the nines with decorum like my red hat bear wreath, and the smell of Christmas cookies are soon to fill the air.

We all know the happiness of the holidays is derived from those subtle, yet special moments like watching a child's face gleam at the joy of what Christmas morning brought, or gathering around in a pair of comfy red hat pajamas to watch classic movies like "A Christmas Story" and "It's a Wonderful Life."

For this red hatter, the holidays are about tradition. Every year, my husband and I trek through a Christmas tree lot to discover the perfect pine. I cover the tree with silver tinsel and strategically place ornaments like my eyeglass and red hat ornaments.

My most treasured tradition is shared with my grandchildren. A few years back I presented them with an elf on a shelf set. We have cherished the story book together each year while cuddling with the darling elf doll.

For me, these are the moments that make up the holidays. Put on your holiday sparkle hat ladies and head out into the snow to experience the joy and merriment this holiday season is sure to endure.

Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you - RedHatsandMore.com is giving a free Purple Silky Scarf with any order over $30, just enter the code 'scarf' at checkout!

Happy Holidays Red Hatters!

Until Next Time,
Queen Diva Dishberry

No comments: